Welcome to the Massachusetts Long Term Care Mutual Aid Plan and Healthcare Mutual Aid Plan Website
Massachusetts Long Term Care Mutual Aid Plan (MassMAP) and Healthcare Mutual Aid Plan (HMAP) for Evacuation and Resources / Assets
MassMAP establishes a course of action and an agreed commitment among participating nursing homes, assisted living residences and residential care facilities (rest homes) to assist each other as needed in the time of a disaster. The HMAP provides this commitment among all healthcare providers including Acute Care Hospitals, Rehabilitation Hospitals, Behavioral Health Hospitals, Community Health Centers, Home Health and the MassMAP plan.
Assistance may come in the form of:
- Providing pre-designated evacuation locations for patients/residents during a disaster; and/or
- Providing or sharing supplies, equipment, transportation, staff or pharmaceuticals to a facility when a disaster overwhelms their own community or exceeds the capability of internal emergency preparedness plans.
Why should you join this initiative?
While your facility may already be part of a community based Mutual Aid Plan or incorporated into your Company’s overall emergency and/or evacuation plan process this unique statewide plan will supplement those existing resources when the local or corporate plan is overwhelmed by a regional disaster.
Benefits to participating include:
- Preplanned Evacuation Strategy - fast evacuation (e.g., Fire/Gas Leak) and delayed evacuation (e.g., Hurricane/Loss of Emergency Power).
- Preplanned Supply, Equipment and Pharmaceutical Support when Isolated.
- Provide local public safety incident commanders with easy on-site access to user-friendly plans including contact information for evacuation resources and key personnel.
- Provide local EMS commander with resources needed to efficiently identify, transfer and track residents to pre-designated receiving sites and facilities.
- Development of proactive Communications for ALL parties (healthcare, emergency agencies).
- Plan requirements meet DPH, Elder Affairs and Joint Commission disaster drill requirements and allow for community participation in disaster preparedness.